Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO account email address change

bayticol
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've to change my email address and I contacted CISCO Support as required. 

However, they came back with the ridiculous request to close my current account and open a new one, then contact CISCO certifications support and aks them to migrate my certifications. I've been CISCO certifified for more than 20 years and in the process to renew my CCIE again, so this request is going to cause me a lot of pain and impacting my professional life. I'm not understanding what's the problem to allow users to change their own email as in the past. 

This is very unprofessional and unacceptable.

Is there anyone else who can provide help or possible workaround

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rupeshah
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Vania (@bayticol),

I hope you are doing well!

As a Cisco Community Moderator, I have a question: do you want to change/update the email address bayticol@ngi.it that is currently linked to your community account? (Account link - https://community.cisco.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/450842).

If so, it is possible. I suggest that you open a new account with your new email address and share the account details with us, including your new email ID and account link. We will then merge your old account (bayticol@ngi.it) with your new account (with the new email address). This way, you will be able to access your old account using the credentials of your new account (email address and password). The rest of your data (certification badges, posts, etc.) will remain intact in your old account.

If your request is not related to your Cisco Community user account (Account link - https://community.cisco.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/450842), please contact the team at web-help@cisco.com for assistance in updating your cisco.com account information.

I am waiting for your response and will do my best to help you. Thanks!

Regards,
Rupesh Shah

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

jelopezm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Sir,

Thank you for contacting Cisco Smart Services.

I have reviewed your statement and it looks that it is not directly related to the Smart Net Total Care topic.

Please keep in mind that this community is specifically for topics related to it. I recommend opening a post with the correct topic/team you require assistance with, or alternatively, you can contact Support directly on the certification website.

Alternatively, you can search for additional information and support on the Learning & Certifications Centralized Support page.

Best Regards,

Jesus

bayticol
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jesus,

Thanks for your reply.

However, as per my post, I've already contacted them multiple times and always got the ridiculous and unprofessional reply saying that I've to close my current account and open a new one.

Could you please let me know how I can escalate this further?

Kind Regards,

Vania

Hi Vania,

I apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing. I would like to assist you with your questions, but unfortunately, I am not familiar with the required process or know a way to escalate it.

Please note that I proactively researched for a possible solution, but the topic falls completely out of my area of expertise.

Best Regards,

Jesus

Hi Jesus,
Thanks a million for your help on this.
I will wait to hear back from you once you have completed your research.

Best Regards,
Vania

So i follow - you have a current Cisco ID (CSCO ID), which is attached to your current email address, you want to change your email address - but in order to do this, you need to create a new Cisco ID (CSCO ID) and then the team can merge your old Cisco ID (CSCO ID)/email to the new one? If this is correct, why do you need to change this, asking so i might be able to tag or recommend the person/team, for example if this is for L@C team.

Thanks

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

Hi bigevilbeard,

Once I've created a new account I've to reach out to the Certification Team
and ask them to move all my certifications to the new account.
That will impact all my current awards and recognition, and probably my
current CE credits while in the middle of renewing my CCIE, also it will
require time.
I don't understand at all what's the problem with allowing users to change
their own email address on their own profile.
Beside the pain required to do that, that request is completely
unprofessional considering how much money and effort I've put on getting
CISCO certifications and keeping them active for ~20 years, as many others.
Due to that I'm expecting CISCO to act in a fair and professional way, and
not like a small company managed by kids.

Best Regards,
Vania

I have had an account merge when i worked at Cisco and moved to my personal Cisco ID, everything was moved over, award, badges etc.. never had to update an email, i thought this would be easy to do in the L@C cert portal and maybe they need to sync this over your other Cisco accounts. I will share the link of this URL with some folks i still know.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

Hello Vania,

I apologize for any misunderstanding. When I mentioned "proactively researched," I meant that I searched for information and found the Learning & Certifications Centralized Support, which you have already contacted.

The only suggestion I can offer is to consider bigevilbeard's recommendations or to clarify the process of creating a new account and migrating it with the support team. They have the expertise required for this type of support.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please consider reaching out to Cisco Support using the contact information provided below. They may be able to offer you a workaround:
Cisco U.S Contact Numbers: +1-800-553-2447 or +1-408-526-7209
Global Contact Numbers: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-worldwide-contacts.html?dtid=osscdc000283

As mentioned before, this community is for topics related to the Smart Net Total Care (SNTC) Portal. Assisting with new account creation and migration is beyond the scope of my work, so I am unable to guide you or provide a workaround.

Best Regards,

Jesus

rupeshah
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Vania (@bayticol),

I hope you are doing well!

As a Cisco Community Moderator, I have a question: do you want to change/update the email address bayticol@ngi.it that is currently linked to your community account? (Account link - https://community.cisco.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/450842).

If so, it is possible. I suggest that you open a new account with your new email address and share the account details with us, including your new email ID and account link. We will then merge your old account (bayticol@ngi.it) with your new account (with the new email address). This way, you will be able to access your old account using the credentials of your new account (email address and password). The rest of your data (certification badges, posts, etc.) will remain intact in your old account.

If your request is not related to your Cisco Community user account (Account link - https://community.cisco.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/450842), please contact the team at web-help@cisco.com for assistance in updating your cisco.com account information.

I am waiting for your response and will do my best to help you. Thanks!

Regards,
Rupesh Shah

Hi Rupesh,

Thanks a million for your help, I can now see my accounts merged.

Regards,

Vania

bayticol
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rupesh (@rupeshah),

Thanks for you reply and for your offer.

However, that's not going to solve my problem to have my new email address replacing the old one on my globlal CISCO profile.

I've already contacted web-help@cisco.com, but based on their answers it seems that changing a profile email address it's the most difficult task and it's so weird users are looking for that.

Anyway, I'm going to reach out to the Certifications team and see whether they can merge a new profile with an old one. I'll update you once heard back from them.

Thanks again for your support, much appreciated.

Regards,

Vania

bayticol
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rupesh (@rupeshah),

I'm trying to create the new profile as per your advice, however I'm not allowed to use my personal Gmail address and getting back the attached message. Due to that, I'm not able to move forward with the new profile creation.

Could you please provide some guidance on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Vania

bayticol
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rupesh (@rupeshah),

I was able to create the new account, I'm going to reach out to you in DM.

Thanks.

Regards,

Vania