Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco collector - add stack

when i search from the Cisco Collector when the sw is in stack that does not identify the other sw.

for example:

on the 5th floor I have 8 sw stacked and I put the IP of the stack in the collector and it only shows me one device, it does not show me the additional ones

3 Replies 3

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey DavidGarzonDiaz5947,

That is correct behavior.  The collector will only discover the 'top/parent' switch.  The collection job will poll all the additional switches in the stack and upload data onto the SNTC Portal.

Thanks,
Justin

Justin hi

Thanks for your answer.

What you tell me is that there is no way that I from the collector server can see the other switches individually while they have the stack.

but what on the SNTC Portal if they all see each other individually?

Stay tuned.

Thank you

Hey DavidGarzonDiaz5947.

The additional switches of the stack will not appear within the 'LiveNodes' under 'Managed Devices'.  To see all the components collected from the stack, right click on the one device you were able to discover from the stack.  Select 'View Latest Device Collection Details' -> Make sure you have the device selected and you can check through the different datasets to see what was picked up.  'ENTITY-MIB_entPhysical' dataset is useful to show all physical components.

This data is uploaded to the portal where you will actually able to see each switch individually.

Thanks,

Justin