Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CSPC Collector

Hello Community

I have built a new Cisco smart collector and the new one is working just fine - no issues here.

Issue:

I'm looking to remove an old collected inventory (on the CSPC portal)  that was associated with a failed CSPC collector. This inventory is available to select within the Partner > Customer  > Inventory (I can see 2 inventories - one live and working fine however I cannot remove the old legacy inventory that was associated with the old collector   

Does this need to be escalated to Cisco TAC?  - I can't upload a manual .csv to this old collector as it has been removed from the CSPC portal

Ideally I am looking to remove old inventory and old collector as its showing on the reports devices that have been removed from the network for years.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jelopezm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello TacTech,

I understand that you want to either delete or rename the old inventory. However, I would like to inform you about a bug (CSCvu98573) that I previously mentioned which is preventing us from deleting the inventory from the portal. This bug is currently affecting both you and us, and unfortunately, we cannot change the name of the inventory either. But, rest assured that this bug has no impact on the other functionalities of the portal.

I understand the purpose of your request. However, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it may cause.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns regarding this matter.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jelopezm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Sir,

Thank you for contacting Cisco and Global CX - Smart Services Support Team.

I understand that you have set up a new CSPC collector and the new inventory is working without any issues. However, when generating reports, you still see old devices that have been removed from the network. As a result, you want to remove the old inventory of the old CSPC collector.

To assist you better, could you please answer the following questions:

1. Is the old CSPC collector still operational or has it been decommissioned?
2. When generating new reports, are both inventories (old and new) selected or only the new one?

Additionally, please note that there is a bug related to entitlement (inventory) deletion that impacts the PSS/SNTC portal. You can find more information on this bug by searching for CSCvu98573 on Cisco's Bug Search Tool.

If the old collector has been decommissioned, ensure that only one inventory is selected on the portal to avoid old devices appearing in the reports.
The information from the old CSPC collector should not be merged with the new inventory. Only select the new inventory, try it out and let me know of the results.

Best regards.

Hello @ Jelopezm

Thank you for your prompt response, 

1. Is the old CSPC collector still operational or has it been decommissioned?  - Yes the CSPC is now decommissioned and no longer accessable.
2. When generating new reports, are both inventories (old and new) selected or only the new one?  - I can run a report with the correct inventory - no issues.....

The issue is more of a cleanup exercise to remove the old inventory from the portal so its not available for selection (or maybe rename the old inventory to XXXXX_Custome_Inventory_Old - Do-Not-Use

Thank you 
TacTech!

jelopezm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello TacTech,

I understand that you want to either delete or rename the old inventory. However, I would like to inform you about a bug (CSCvu98573) that I previously mentioned which is preventing us from deleting the inventory from the portal. This bug is currently affecting both you and us, and unfortunately, we cannot change the name of the inventory either. But, rest assured that this bug has no impact on the other functionalities of the portal.

I understand the purpose of your request. However, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it may cause.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns regarding this matter.

Best regards.

Thank you @jelopezm