cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CLI lockout for failed attempts in CSP 2.7

relsethagen
Level 1
Level 1

I am having issue with being locked out of the SSH CLI for both the root and collectorlogin accounts. I can get in over the admin account.  In other posts it says that the lockout is time based at 30 minutes. I have found that to not be the case. I have waited hours between attempts and hours later the lockout due to X failed attempts increments by the attempt I am making.  I had some success previously getting the admin account unlocked by having the VMware admin get in directly to the console, it seems that a successful console login cleared the failed login counter.  Is there any way via the CLI admin account to reset the lockout counter for the other accounts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Supriya Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi User,

There is way to reset root and collectorlogin via CLI admin.

admin# pwdreset collectorlogin 90

admin# pwdreset root 90  

Please do let me know if further assistance is needed

Thanks,

Supriya

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Supriya Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi User,

There is way to reset root and collectorlogin via CLI admin.

admin# pwdreset collectorlogin 90

admin# pwdreset root 90  

Please do let me know if further assistance is needed

Thanks,

Supriya

I tried this command and found that it did reset the password, but it did not reset the lockout counter

Hi User,

Once you reset via user 'admin' CLI login, please wait for about an hr (to be safe) and try login with new reset password for root and collectorlogin.

Thanks,
Supriya

Hi Supriya,

Is there a password recovery for the CLI? Our customer change the login and forget the login credentials. Now we can't access the CLI due to login credentials. Thanks.

Hi Aldrin,
For visibility of your question and tracking purposes, please start a new discussion. We have several experts online to assist you.
Cheers,
Cheri