cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC Login Expired, Cannot Log In via neither SSH nor HTTPS

RonF
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CSPC collector, version 2.9.x.  It will not accept logins.  When I try to login via HTTPS and enter in the admin ID and PW it shows "Connecting to CSPC server" and the cursor spins - and never stops spinning.  When I try to log in via SSH and enter "collectorlogin" and the appropriate PW it says "Your account has expired; please contact your system administrator", which happens to be me.  What do I do now?

11 Replies 11

RonF
Level 1
Level 1

I should add that I am able to log in as root from the VM console (I had to change my password, but I did so successfully).

tsayyed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This post is acknowledged by me, kindly share your availability for a WebEx meeting over a private message (PM).

Best Regards,

Tahereem Sayyed

Please contact me, I need a solution for this ASAP, I have multiple people whose projects are being held up by this.

RonF
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to log in as root via the VM console and then use "passwd <username>" to change the collectorlogin and admin passwords.  But when I try to log in as admin through the GUI it just hangs regardless of what password I try and even when I use "Forgot Password?" on the login screen to change my password.

lolivera
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Sir,

Thank you for contacting Cisco and Global CX - Smart Services Support Team.
We are investigating your request, I'll be with you in a moment.

Kindly regards.

Laura Olivera

lolivera
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Sir,

Is this a physical device or a Virtual Environment?  

Kindly regards.

Laura Olivera

It is a virtual environment. It's running on a VMware VM.

Can I get some help on this please?

lolivera
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello RonF!

Thank you for that information! I just wanted to let you know that when you changed the CLI password (VM console password), the GUI password was not changed. Those are 2 different procedures. 

On the other hand, the 2.9 version of the CSPC is now out of support. I recommend you upgrade your CSPC to 2.10, you can do so following this step by step: 

The Manual upgrade consists of two packs as follows:

• JeOS Pack upgrade: JeOS Pack upgrades all the OS components and must be confirmed installed before applying the Service Pack upgrade.
  • Service Pack upgrade: Service Pack upgrades all the application components

These are the steps to follow to make the Manual Upgrade:

• Apply JeOS Package 2.10.0.6:

Step 1.  Login with CCO credentials and download the collector_2.10.0.6_Build-05.zip from the Download Center(Software Download - Cisco Systems) onto your local box.

Step 2. Copy the downloaded collector_2.10.0.6_Build-05.zip file to the collector appliance in thedirectory /opt.

Step 3. Login to collector appliance as collectorlogin.

Step 4. Switch to root using su – command.

Step 5. Run the cd /opt command as root.

Step 6. Unzip the downloaded collector_2.10.0.6_Build-05.zip file and ensure JeOS and SP are extracted using the ls command.

Step 7. Apply JeOS using the below command (installation runs in the background). Provide the confirmation when prompted. ./install.sh JeOS jeos-30.3.0-6-lnx64 

Step 8. Monitor the installation by executing the following command: tail -f /opt/LCM/logs/apply After successfully applying the patch in /opt/LCM/logs/apply, the below logs are shown. 

Note: Allocate 20-30 minutes for the installation to complete. The system will automatically reboot after installation.

• Apply Service Pack (SP) 2.10.0.6:

Step 1. Login to collector appliance as collectorlogin. 

Step 2. Switch to root using su – command. 

Step 3. Run cd /opt command as root. 

Step 4. Apply SP using the below command (installation runs in the background). Provide the confirmation when prompted.

./install.sh SP sp-30.3.0-6-0-lnx64 

Step 5. Monitor the installation by executing the following command: tail -f /opt/LCM/logs/apply 

After successfully applying the patch .in /opt/LCM/logs/apply, the below logs are shown.

Note:  

Allocate 2-4 hours for the installation, depending on your network size. The algorithm runs only once to optimize storage and reduces the time required for future upgrades. The system will automatically reboot after installing the patch. 

Make sure the collector 2.10.0.6 JeOS patch is installed successfully before proceeding further with Service Pack (SP) 2.10.0.6 installation.

Best Regards,

Laura Olivera

Is all that going to fix my problem?

lolivera
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It may help, and it is important to upgrade the collector since version 2.9 is out of support.

Best Regards,

Laura Olivera