Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC - "No working CLI credentials"

John Calvin
Level 1
Level 1

HI,  I'm new here.

I have installed CSPC 2.9 and have discovered lots of devices and successfully done a number of collections which have been uploaded to the SNTC Portal.  I now want to get the collector to collect the "show running-configuration" data from my devices.  I have started small, adding a collection profile for a single Catalyst 3750 with sshv2 credentials for it.

CSPC Device Credentials.png

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I keep getting the error "No working CLI credentials".

It seems very straightforward and yet it is still failing.

Your advice would be most welcome.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks.

My error it seems was not knowing that that discovery needed to be performed a second time, using the SSHv2 method, in order for the CSPC to actually know to which sshv2 credentials to use.  That changed the nature of the error message from "No working CLI credentials" to "_show running_config not applicable to this device".  So I am getting further along.

I suppose now the question is which Datasets I should select for 3750s.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CSPC may have SNMP access, If the end device has any ACL, which allow CSPC server to get in SSH ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the quick reply.  The switch has no ACLs configured.

Collector and switch happen to be in the same subnet too, so there is no firewall between them.

I have not been able to figure out how to ssh from the Collector's CLI to the switch, so I'm not sure how best to proceed.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Authentication username and password - for the SSH to login got device

is your devices uses AAA config ?

you need only

username :

password:

enable password:

change depends on Local username and AAA username against device and advice.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks.

My error it seems was not knowing that that discovery needed to be performed a second time, using the SSHv2 method, in order for the CSPC to actually know to which sshv2 credentials to use.  That changed the nature of the error message from "No working CLI credentials" to "_show running_config not applicable to this device".  So I am getting further along.

I suppose now the question is which Datasets I should select for 3750s.

"no aaa new-model" is in the running config