cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVS file import leads to duplicate items in inventory

Vadim Soshnikov
Level 1
Level 1

Every time after importing CVS file with hardware list to SNTC portal, I get duplicate instances of all of my hardware in inventory section. Is any possibility to manipulate uploaded cvs files or created records in portal? Because SNTC doesn't delete incorrect records itself.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Vadim,

We have the Bug for this issue , deleting duplicate is not working for csv file import. So that we can see the duplicate SN in the Report / Portal. Team working on this issue.

Bug ID : CSCva01186   CSV File Upload bug - Duplicate data on Portal.

thanks,

Anusha.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

asingadi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for contacting cisco.

You can enable the “Latest View” option under the Application Settings > Report Preferences >Latest View tab to view the information on latest inventory upload,still if you see duplicate records please let me know.

Thanks,

Anusha.

Hi, Anusha,

I tried "latest view" option earlier and no effect.

Let me explain how I get this condition. First time I uploaded manual prepared file to the portal and it was correct. CSV file comprises chassis and modules. Modules had the same hostname and IP as the host chassis in the file.

Later, file with equipment was updated by new actual data (no new rows, only new info of existing equipment) and was uploaded again. At this point I had actual count chassis and doubled modules in each chassis. Any new iteration adds copy of all modules. And now differences between "latest view" and "Comprehensive View" is that in first view I see only duplicate modules of latest uploaded chassis, second view displays duplicates of all uploads.

Thanks in advance

Vadim

Hi Vadim ,

Could  you please share details about the inventory?

Inventory name, and type of devices with issues would help.

Regards,

Anusha.

Anusha,

Inventory name: Custis main office

type of devices for example one chassis and one module: 

"Product ID","Product Family","Equipment Type"

"ASA5520-AIP20-K8","ASAMID","CHASSIS"

"PWR-2921-51-POE=","2900ISR","MODULE"

Hi Vadim,

i am working with dependency team , will update you soon.

thanks,

Anusha.

Hi Vadim,

We have the Bug for this issue , deleting duplicate is not working for csv file import. So that we can see the duplicate SN in the Report / Portal. Team working on this issue.

Bug ID : CSCva01186   CSV File Upload bug - Duplicate data on Portal.

thanks,

Anusha.