cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Data Masking in the Total Care portal 3.3

MBrowsey2
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know why some data is being masked in the Totalcare portal? Hostname, IP address, or both are being hidden on some devices, but not all. I've checked our collector and there are no data masking rule set for this.

6 Replies 6

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What do the masked IPs and hostnames look like?

Also, if you go to Settings > Manage Data Collection Profiles and tell me if you see one with DPA in the title.

Thanks,

Lynden

- The Masks follow the below format. # = number, they seem to follow a sequence based on how many there are.

- Yes there is a new data profile with DPA in the title but it is not scheduled.

Hostname = MASK###

IP address = 000.000.###.###

And yes there is a DPA collection profile. It is not set to run. We upgraded from 2.4 to 2.5 of the CSP collector around the time this started appearing. Is there a way to unmask this info in the portal?

Delete the DPA collection profile. Now go to Settings > Manage Upload Profiles and instead of referencing the service name, select the option to choose the reference the collection profile (the one remaining). Then run the collection profile and upload profile.

That should correct the issue.

Thanks,

Lynden

Fantastic. Thanks for your help. I was uploading via the service.

npicard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

It's possible that the data masking feature could have been activated at one time. The portal allows you to view your data from two perspectives:

Latest, which will only reflect the results of the most recent upload

Comprehensive, which will reflect all devices collected over time

The way to determine your view is to go to Application Settings and go to the Report Preferences tab

Should you want to keep the Comprehensive view, you can see when devices were uploaded in the Library>Inventory>Custom Inventory and add the field Collection Date.

Hope this helps!