cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Discover using Hostname or IPv6

RonF
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CSPC v 2.9.  My environment is such that I need to be able to discover devices using either their IPv6 address or their IPv4 address plus a domain (e.g., 10.11.12.13.xxx.nat64).  If I attempt to enter in either an IPv6 address or the IPv4-based hostname into the "IP Address/Host Name" field of the "Discover devices with known IP addresses" window it refuses to accept it and tells me to use a valid IP address.  The collector does have a valid IPv6 address, the IPv6 stack is running, there is an IPv6 DNS server set up on it and if I SSH to the collector and run "nslookup 10.11.12.13.xxx.nat64" the target device's IPv6 address is returned.  Is there a way to get discovery to work on this thing?

2 Replies 2

RonF
Level 1
Level 1

Some clarification:

We are a service provider to multiple clients.  It is inevitable that there will be IP address duplication among them.  So between each client and the zone we put the tools in we do a NAT from that client's IPv4 address to an IPv6 address such that every client has a unique IPv6 address range.  The tools see the IPv6 address.

gausing5
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Let us check and will get back to you with an update.

Regards,

Gaurav Singh