Views
Helpful
Replies

Duplicate lines in Custom Inventory Reports - hidden info

Haley Thompson
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

I pulled several custom inventory reports this morning and we are starting to see duplicate lines within them.  We see one lines with the maintenance information showing the contract #, status (active), start date.  Then we see a line that shows other in contract #, status (confidential), no start date (1980-01-01).  The two lines have the same end dates, so I'm not sure why two lines are showing and why we are getting limited data on one of the lines.  The reports I pulled 6/1/2017 or before did not have this issue, reports I pulled 6/9/2017 or after is where the duplicate lines/confidential lines started to show up.  Customer has granted us CBR admin and LOA access within the tools. 

Thanks, Haley

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

npicard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Haley,

Due to the fields available in the Custom Inventory view, there is the possibility of getting duplicate lines for the same device. This can occur for example if a device has coverage under an active contract that is about to expire and a new contract (or renewal) is already queued up to start at a future date and is in Signed status.

The example you call out is likely for devices that have full SNTC coverage as well as a lower level Partner Support contract, which will show status of confidential if you are not the Bill-to of record. The status in those instances would show confidential for the customer as well. They can see that a device is covered, but not the full details of the contract. They would need to reach out to the Bill-to company to get the full details.

Regards,

Nathalie

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

npicard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Haley,

Due to the fields available in the Custom Inventory view, there is the possibility of getting duplicate lines for the same device. This can occur for example if a device has coverage under an active contract that is about to expire and a new contract (or renewal) is already queued up to start at a future date and is in Signed status.

The example you call out is likely for devices that have full SNTC coverage as well as a lower level Partner Support contract, which will show status of confidential if you are not the Bill-to of record. The status in those instances would show confidential for the customer as well. They can see that a device is covered, but not the full details of the contract. They would need to reach out to the Bill-to company to get the full details.

Regards,

Nathalie