cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duplicates in Inventory

casey_biggs8
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team - Seeing duplicate serial numbers in multiple inventories. In some situations the HostName is different. What determines if a serial number is a duplicate? I have made sure the 'Latest View' is selected in the Portal. 

7 Replies 7

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey casey_biggs8,

Typically duplicate serial numbers can be seen with previously used devices being added in a network or changing hostnames/etc.  Please try the following in the CSPC GUI and try to run a new collection.  Please ensure the setting 'Run Discovery Before Collection' is set on the collection profile you are using.

In the CSPC GUI -> 'Settings' -> 'Discovery Settings' -> Switch 'Serial Number Duplicate Check' to Yes

Also, 'Settings' -> 'Manage Data Collection Profiles' -> Select the used profile and go to Profile Details tab.  Ensure discovery is set to run before collection.  Push a collection job and let me know if duplicates remain or not.

Thanks,
Justin

Hi Jumin -- Tried this with a couple of different customers and am still seeing old collection dates

Hey casey_biggs8,

I see, can you see if they are using an upload profile to upload their data or if they are using only the collection profile and using the upload at completion setting?

Thanks,
Justin

There appears to be a schedule on the Manage Data Collection Profile section and the Manage Upload Profile Section.

Hey casey_biggs8,

Sounds as if there is an upload profile being used as well.  Can you check for the below setting and see if it acts the same.  Once the setting has been changed, a full collection may need to be processed once more before upload.

'Settings' -> 'Manage Upload Profiles' -> Select the scheduled profile and look under 'Devices Selection for Upload' -> Select 'Managed Reachable Devices.  This ensures only currently active/reachable devices on the network are being collected and reported on.

Thanks,
Justin

Will this also resolve the issues of decommissioned devices showing in the portal? 

Hey casey_biggs8,

Correct, making these changes and using only 'Latest View' should get rid of all the decommissioned devices.  Let me know if you are still seeing these after.

Thanks,
Justin