cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failing to upgrade 2.9.1 > 2.9.1.3

Tinei
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to upgrade CSPC and from GUI i get the below 500 error. Not sure which logs to check, the one I checked for upgrade didn't give me anything meaningful. Please find logs attached as well.

When I copied the files to /opt and tried to do a CLI upgrade, my upgrade is getting stuck and not moving beyond attached CLI page.

4 Replies 4

neharani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Hope you are doing good, I will be in charge of this post. I will assist you with this.

Regards,

Neha

neharani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please follow the below steps to upgrade from CLI Admin:

Login to collector appliance as admin
#check update
To download the patch execute the command.
#download <SP Patch>
To check download status execute the command.
#show download
Once the download completes you can use the apply command to apply the patch.
#apply <SP Patch>
To check the apply status run:
#show apply

Please let me know if you have any issues/questions. 

Regards,

Neha Rani

Tinei
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, I managed to run the commands and I am stuck on below, it has been like for over 4 hours.

show download
Version : sp-30.2.1-0-0-lnx64
Download Location : /opt/LCM/tmp/sp-30.2.1-0-0-lnx64-package.zip
Start Time : Jun/22/2021 15:58:30
End Time : Jun/22/2021 16:03:30
Reason For Failure : -

Version : sp-30.2.1-3-0-lnx64
Download Location :
Start Time : Jan/21/2022 09:24:59
End Time : -
Reason For Failure : -

neharani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, After the Webex session the upgrade has been successful. Please let me know if any further assistance is required on any other issue.

Below is the summary:

The customer was having a corrupted file error while transferring it to CSPC via FTP. I have used WinSCP to transfer and performed steps to upgrade. and the server was upgraded to 2.9.1.3 successfully.

1. Download the Collector patch to the local system (Zip file) from https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286312935/type/286312958/release/2.9.1

2. Transfer the patch to the CSPC using the Collectorlogin home directory via WinSCP software. below are the steps to use WinSCP. • Download WinSCP or any other File transfer tool. WinSCP is recommended. • Once downloaded then open WinSCP. The login page will pop up. Enter the hostname (IP address) of CSPC and login as collector login by entering the username and password. • After login the left side will show your local machine’s data and the right side would be CSPC. • Transfer the downloaded CSPC upgrade patch file from the local machine to CSPC by drag and drop. Then continue with step no. 3 in upgrade steps.

3. Log in to the console of CSPC as a root user.

4. Unzip the patch file using the command unzip <Filename> and cd to the unzipped directory as a root user

5. There will be 2 files under the unzipped directory which are JEOS and SP patch.

6. First, we will execute JEOS using the command below: • ./install.sh JeOS <JeOS filename> • Then cd to the directory /opt/LCM/logs/ to check the logs using the commands tail -f install and tail -f apply Once a script is executed successfully, then continue with the step no. 7.

7. Then follow the below steps for the SP patch as well: • ./install.sh SP <SP filename>

• Monitor the installation by executing tail -f /opt/LCM/logs/apply After successfully applying the patch in /opt/LCM/logs/apply The upgrade process will be done and check the version in CSPC GUI.