cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change Smartnet contract ownership from the OSM/reseller to the end user?

bkeller1
Level 1
Level 1
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The process is to ask the authorized reseller to transfer the serial number(s) to the nominated Service Contract associated to you or your organization.  

If they refuse, then contact Cisco AM/SE and be prepared to furnish proof of purchase &/or delivery.  

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the reseller an authorized Cisco reseller or not? 

If not, then will be a difficult fight.  You will need to get your Cisco AM/SE involved.

Yes, the Smartnet was purchased by the OSM/Authorized reseller who is now showing as a contract owner. Can that be transferred to the end user so the end user will be the contract owner? Thank you so much!

It can be transferred.  Ask the authorized reseller. 

This is a very common issue. 

Thank you, but can you please tell me what the process is? Where do I go to transfer it?

Is it done via LOA? Is it done on the SNTC portal? Is it done thought Cisco PAM/AM? Do I go to Service Contract Updates and change Bill to id? etc.

Thank you.

The process is to ask the authorized reseller to transfer the serial number(s) to the nominated Service Contract associated to you or your organization.  

If they refuse, then contact Cisco AM/SE and be prepared to furnish proof of purchase &/or delivery.  

Thank you so much for the information! I really appreciate it!