Views
Helpful
Replies

Hyper-V deploy

alanpimentel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

My customer is trying to create CSPC VM (with ISO) on a Hyper-V on his laptop but the deployment is getting stucked as the image down below:

Hyper-V.png

How can we proceed to fix this?

Regards

6 Replies 6

kaptanej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am the in-charge of this post and I will be assisting you on this issue .
Could you please provide the following details in PM (private message) so that we can proceed further on the issue :

• Company Name
  • Customer Name
  • Customer Email Address
  • Customer CCO ID

Thanks & Regards,
Kapil Taneja

Hi Kapil,

This customer does not have a SNTC Portal yet. First we're validating if it's possible to create the collector without VMWare environment.

It is possible to create on Azure or Hyper-V?

Regards

Hi , 

Yes, we can deploy CSPC on Hyper-V but it is not supported by Cisco .Could you please share your email address in PM (Private Message) so that I can share you the steps of deploying CSPC on Hyper-V.

Thanks & Regards, 

Kapil Taneja 

If possible, could you please share the steps with me too !

mmiles@columbiaadvisory.com

If possible, could you please share the steps with me too !

amoura@interatell.com.br

Thanks,

zeech978
Level 1
Level 1

The screenshot you provided indicates that the deployment process is stuck at the "Connect to the virtual machine" step. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

1. Check Virtual Machine State: First, ensure that the virtual machine is in a responsive state. You can do this by accessing the Hyper-V Manager and checking the status of the virtual machine. If it's stuck in a non-responsive state, you may need to force the virtual machine to shut down and then restart it.

2. Inspect Virtual Machine Configuration: Verify that the virtual machine is configured correctly, including settings such as memory allocation, CPU cores, and disk space. Ensure that these settings meet the requirements for the CSPC VM deployment.

3. Review Deployment Logs: Look for any error messages or warnings in the deployment logs. These logs should provide insights into what might be causing the deployment to stall. Check both the logs on the Hyper-V host and within the virtual machine itself.

4. Check Network Connectivity: Ensure that the virtual machine has proper network connectivity. If the virtual machine is unable to connect to necessary resources or services during the deployment process, it may get stuck. Verify that the network adapter settings are configured correctly within Hyper-V and that the virtual machine can access external resources.

5. Restart the Deployment: If the deployment is stuck at a specific step, you can try restarting the deployment process. This may help if the issue was caused by a temporary glitch or error during the initial deployment attempt.

6. Update Hyper-V Integration Services: Ensure that Hyper-V Integration Services are up to date on both the host machine and the virtual machine. These services help improve communication between the host and guest operating systems and can sometimes resolve issues related to virtual machine responsiveness.

7. Check System Resources: Make sure that the host machine has enough available resources (CPU, memory, disk space) to support the virtual machine deployment. Insufficient resources can lead to performance issues and cause the deployment to stall.

This might involve consulting with technical support for the virtualization platform or reviewing documentation for troubleshooting steps specific to CSPC VM deployments on Hyper-V.