cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I CREATED A NEW INVENTORY, BUT ITS NOT DISPLAYED IN TE GLOBAL FILTERS

GlaubeIr0n
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all I have two questions, i created a new inventory with a new key, but it's now are not displayed in the global filters why?

I am uploading with this new key but an internal server error appears, as shown in the attachment,is it not sent because the inventory is not showing up in global filters?

Screenshot_1.png

  

5 Replies 5

enrirami
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Cisco.

Please allow me some time to review this error, I will let you know how you can proceed.

Kind Regards,

Enrique Ramirez

Right, thanks

Hi @enrirami  Thank you and I can't wait

lalmond
Level 1
Level 1

SSH to the Collector as admin and reload it.

Once the WebUI is available again, log in- you will be prompted to apply the certificate, apply the certificate.

Deleting the registration also removes any scheduling from upload and collection PSS tasks, set them up to be scheduled again.
Then go to Settings, Application settings, export settings and ensure the certificate number being used for the connectivity upload profile matches the cert number you have just applied. If it does not, change the "upload via" parameter to disabled and reload the collector again.

Log back in, go back to the same place and change the certificate to the correct one in the drop-down menu. Set the upload via to connectivity.

Try to upload using the existing PSS profile. In my experience, this will result in a failure- but the error message will change to "tail end gateway not yet configured" (paraphrasing)
If this is the case, SSH to the collector as collector login, then issue the below commands:

Su root
service cspc restart (wait until it is complete)
service concsotgw restart (wait until it's complete)

zeech978
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like you're encountering two separate issues:

1. New inventory not displayed in global filters: If you've created a new inventory with a new key but it's not appearing in the global filters, there could be a few reasons for this. It's possible that the global filters are not set up to automatically include newly created inventories. You may need to manually add the new inventory to the global filters or adjust the filter settings to include all inventories. Another possibility is that there could be a technical issue causing the inventory to not display properly in the filters.

2. Internal server error when uploading with the new key: If you're encountering an internal server error when uploading with the new key, this could be due to a variety of reasons. It might be related to the format or content of the data you're trying to upload, permissions issues, or a bug in the system. It's unlikely that the error is directly caused by the new inventory not showing up in the global filters, unless there's a specific dependency or relationship between the two.

To troubleshoot these issues, I would recommend checking the following:

• Verify that the new inventory is correctly configured and accessible in your system.
  • Double-check the format and content of the data you're trying to upload to ensure it meets the requirements of the system.
  • Check the system logs or error messages for more information about the internal server error.
  • If possible, try uploading the data with a different method or tool to see if the issue persists.
  • Reach out to your system administrator or technical support for assistance in diagnosing and resolving the issues.