cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inventory and Old removed Devices

raylw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we recently removed some network devices and the CSP collector server is no longer showing them in its inventory but the cisco web portal is still showing these devices in the custom or all devices inventory. What am I missing here? The collector has succesfully done a upload and its been processed.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

As a quick workaround, you can un-manage all of the unreachable nodes in the collector then run a new collection and upload. After which the devices no longer present on the network will not show in the portal.

Manage> unmanage ( select the unreachable nodes then click unmanage)
Thanks,

Taylor

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

taywelch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,

Can you verify the application settings within the Smart Net total care portal is on "latest view"?

'Application Settings' -> 'Report Preferences' -> Switch viewing preference to latest.

Thanks,

Taylor

Thanks for the assistance. I have checked and it is already set to latest

Thank you for the confirmation, I will send you a private message asking for proprietary information to help me troubleshoot your old devices in the SNTC portal.

Hello,

Can you confirm if the devices you provided me in the private message are listed as unreachable within the collector? Please let me know if you need assistance locating the unreachable devices tab in the Cisco collector.

Kind regards,

Yes I just checked and one of the IP addresses from the old device is listed under unreachable on the collector

Hi,

Thanks for confirming, It appears the inventory is being impacted by bug CSCvk75895:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvk75895

I will be sure to provide updates as they become available.

Kind regards,

Taylor

Hello,

As a quick workaround, you can un-manage all of the unreachable nodes in the collector then run a new collection and upload. After which the devices no longer present on the network will not show in the portal.

Manage> unmanage ( select the unreachable nodes then click unmanage)
Thanks,

Taylor

Thank you this resolved the issue.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: