cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inventory does not reflect router module change

RonF
Level 1
Level 1

We had a module fail in a Nexus 7700; specifically, an N77-M324FQ-25L.  So we replaced it.  However, even though I have repeated run Discovery, Data Collection and Upload jobs, the old module that was taken out shows up in the inventory and the new one does not.  Please help me resolve this.  View Access Verification Results shows that access via SNMPv1, SNMPv2 and SSHv2 are successful.

3 Replies 3

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello Ron,
Would you be able to send me a private message with the details of the older module Serial Number and the new expected value? I will take a look and see what may be happening.
Thank you,
Jarrett

The hostname is gt-pe002-egv. The module is a N77-M324FQ-25L. The S/N of the old module was JAE***. The new (and currently installed) one is JAE***.

***Please always provide the requested personally identifiable information via Private Message to protect privacy.  Thank you.

Hello Ron,
Thanks for the details. I was able to confirm that the new Serial Number is displayed on the Portal correctly. The update may have occurred during the processing of the latest upload (or it was still in processing).
Thank you,
Jarrett