cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP address showing on collector does not match portal IP address

patrick_oleary
Level 1
Level 1

Our SNTC collector finds devices with IP address 10.x.x.x.  However, when I look at my inventory on Cisco Smart Services site, the address is a public IP address.  Is there any way to change the IP address on the Cisco Smart Services site?

2 Replies 2

Justin Sprake
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Patrick,

The Discovered/Managed IP address for a device should be consistent all the way though to the SNTC portal. In this case, it is likely that either there is a misconfiguration with in the Collection Profile or the Upload Profile.

Having restored the Collection profile to its default state and completing a full upload of data (ensuring that the Upload Profile itself queries the service name "Smartnet_total_care"). It appears that the data is now being displayed properly.

I've noted that we do not have a collection profile for CSPC version 2.5.x available for the community so I think we can get that posted shortly.

ritamiller111
Level 1
Level 1

When it comes to the network of the laptop or computer, you actually cannot really neglect the value of the IP address. It is probably the most critical thing every single computer in the computer network requires to be recognised.