cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues Importing from CSV

Jason Thomas
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning, I am trying to import our products with a CSV file. Since I didn't have the IP address of all the devices I just used the default ip in the CSV of 1.1.1.1, but each device had it's own host name and serial number listed in the CSV. When I imported the file all the devices were imported as the same hostname, but with their own serial numbers. To try to correct this I changed the ip's for each device and reimported the CSV. Now all the host names show up correctly with their serial number and product ID, however the import did not just update the previous entries, it created duplicates. So now I have 2 entries for every device. One with the wrong hostname, and one with the correct host name for each serial number.

How can we correct this and remove the duplicate/erroneous entries?

Thank you!

2 Replies 2

pkomorow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jason,

Here is my advice :

You can change the view. Probably now you have a comprehensive view enabled, that's why you can see both uploads. If you will navigate to: "Application Settings" -> "Report preferences" and select the "latest" view - you will see just the latest upload CSV + Collector if there was some.

Hope it helps

Peter

pkomorow  Thank you for your reply. I checked that setting and by default it was already set to Latest view. So I am still seeing the duplicates.