cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Generate a new CSP-C entitlement" - Failed

First Last
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to generate a CSP-C entitlement in the smart services portal so I can add my first collector.

I'm getting the following error message:

I've tried using chrome, firefox and IE to no avail.

So I'm asking the community, what do I do from here?

20 Replies 20

Pamela Ghosh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Can you please reboot your system and log off from server and login again and then try to generate the certificate , Please keep us posted if still it doe snot work.

I have tried generating the certificate from production its working as expected.

Regards

Pamela

I restarted and logged off/on. I still receive the same error.

Thanks for your message, we're checking various areas of the system to determine if there's a defect.  We'll advise as soon as we know. 

Thanks for your patience. 

The issue has been identified affecting users whose email address has mixed case characters following the “@” in their Cisco profile. A bug fix has been submitted to address the issued. The short term fix is for you to log into your Cisco account and update your email address to be all lower case. Please note that it could take a few hours for the databases to synchronize. If the issue persists, please update this post. 

Thanks,

Nathalie

Benjamin.Nevins
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings everyone, I am also experiencing this same issue with both Firefox and IE and have been trying to generate the entitlement file since Monday.  Are there any other suggestions I can try or is this a back-end issue that needs to be resolved?

I never found a true resolution to the problem because the account manager tool didn't allow me to change my email address to all lower case letters. What I ended up doing is giving a coworker's Cisco account administrator access to the smartnet tool and asking him to generate the cert.

I was also unable to change my email address.  It said "The Business/Primary Email Address entered is associated with an existing Cisco.com profile. A notification has been sent to this address with information about accessing the existing account."

Yeah, same. I went as far as creating a smartnet ticket for them to fix my email. They didn't fix it. To be fair though, I moved on pretty quickly because I had someone else do what I needed and didn't push the issue... Good Luck

honchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

One of my customers are also facing the same error now.

Do we have a solution now?

I saw you're talking about the emails address and I checked my customer has already been updated email address with all lower cases.

Hi Honchi,

Unfortunately having TAC correct my e-mail address also did not resolve my issue either.

Hello Ben ,

I have sent a note in email , we will communicate through you email address as I might need some details and screen shot to further investigate on this situation .

Thanks

Pamela

Hi Pamela,

Also have me included please because the same problem is ongoing with 2 of my customers.

Thanks,

Claire.Chi

Hi Pamela,

Logging out/Into the SNTC portal did not resolve the issue.  I received your email; however I am unable to reply since it is from do-not-reply@cisco.com  I have atttached the error I receive

Hi Ben ,

We have found that the party ID (customer ID) got changed in the dependency system because of which you cannot register CSPC from the old existing Customer ID at present .

If you want to register the new CSPC and generate entitlement then we will have to onboard you with new customer ID , but in that case you will not be able to see any old data/report or access the old account .

At present we don't have any functionality in SNTC to move the data from existing old Customer ID to new Customer ID.

Once you provide confirmation then we will trigger the next step .

Regards

Pamela