cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Removal of modules that are no longer online

dan.reid
Level 1
Level 1

We recently replaced a 6513 with a 6807 with new modules. I am still seeing alerts for line cards and software that no longer exist in our network. how do i remove these alerts?

3 Replies 3

npicard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

There is a workflow built into the tool to manage alerts, including dismissing or "Ignoring" them. This can be performed by users with the Customer Admin role or Customer Users who have been assigned that ability using role-based management.

The workflow can be found under Library>Administration>Active Alerts. You can can a video explaining the functionality by clicking here, or by clicking on the question mark icon in the top right corner of the Active Alerts panel which will open in-context help.

That works but if I replace a piece of hardware and the name and management IP is the same as the previous hardware platform shouldn't the replaced item go away? It seems that the inventory will build up over the years and it won't take long for us to have more devices that don't exist than do exist. I must be missing something.

Hi Dan,

Users have the option to configure how they would like to view their reports.  They can select either "Latest", which only reports on the items included in the most recent upload, or "Comprehensive", which includes all devices collected over time.

This can be done by going to Application Settings>Report Preference.

Another option to identify live devices versus those that have been retired would be to view the data in the Library>Inventory>Custom Inventory view and add the field "Collection Date". You can then sort by most recent. The devices in the most recent upload will be your live devices, all others will be historical.