cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SmartNet SDK or API?

laurielny
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to post this question in Services, and then Solutions, but apparently those communities are no longer open.... I apologize if this is the wrong category and would be happy if it was moved to somewhere it could be answered.

Our client, a large electrical contractor, is a gold certified Cisco partner. As an ISV, we are building them a custom solution to manage their projects from SOW to Work Orders to Invoicing. They order a significant amount of devices and solutions for their customers from Cisco, via the SmartNet web interface, though of course they also order from several other companies and distis. My company does not have a relationship directly with Cisco, however.

My question: Is there an available API that would allow us programmatically to pull information like order and ship date, maintenance number, warranty info-- per customer name or contract number--so that the Operations team doesn't have to login to SmartNet, look up the information, and then manually enter that in their new project portal? If not, is there a way to export data from the account to a file that we can then parse for the information we need for the rest of the system?

I have searched for more than an hour on the website and through DevNet to no avail, but I apologize now if this is something I should have been able to discover on my own. Appreciate any one who could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Laurie

2 Replies 2

LJ Gabrillo
Level 5
Level 5

This is one deep question Laurie,
It would be best that a Cisco employee would answer this question.

Your question is more focused in inventory and logistics stuff, anyway, how about trying their phone support? Maybe they can answer your queries.

• 1-800-553-6387 (US/Canada)
  • International customers please call +1 408-526-4000.
  • Australia and New Zealand, click here
  • Additional global support numbers: click here
  • Small Business support numbers: click here

graham.kirtley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Laurie,

Did you ever get an answer from Cisco about any SNTC API?

I'd be very interested in making use of such an interface if it exists.