cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNTC Inventory management

tahscolony
Level 1
Level 1

How can I remove devices no longer in inventory from the smart net total care portal?  I removed them from our collector, but they are still listed in the portal. These are all EoL devices that have been replaced.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

With the introduction of SNTC 3.3, we have introduced the ability for all users to configure how they would like to view their reports.  They can select either "latest" or "comprehensive".  Latest will show reports based on devices that exist in the "latest" upload from their collector(s).  The comprehensive option will show reports based on devices in all prior uploads.

Please see the Application Settings/Report Preference page to confgure your preference.

I would like to point out that the collection date shown in All Equipment and the Custom Inventory Report is known to intermittently report the wrong collection date, but that will not impact this reporting feature.

Bobby

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

npicard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

In the current version of the portal, once a device has been collected it will remain in your inventory list regardless of connection status. The way to identify live devices versus those that have been retired would be to view the data in the Library>Inventory>Custom Inventory view and add the field "Collection Date". You can then sort by most recent. The devices in the most recent upload will be your live devices, all others will be historical.

There is a future enhancement planned that should allow Admin users to decide whether the historical devices should remain in inventory or be removed.

Thanks!

Hello Luke ,

The date or fix version has not yet decided for this enhancement , but team is workign on it .

Regards

Pamela

Hi Pamela,

The feature has been released with SNTC 3.3, please see my earlier post on details on how to configure this reporting preference.

Bobby

Hi,

With the introduction of SNTC 3.3, we have introduced the ability for all users to configure how they would like to view their reports.  They can select either "latest" or "comprehensive".  Latest will show reports based on devices that exist in the "latest" upload from their collector(s).  The comprehensive option will show reports based on devices in all prior uploads.

Please see the Application Settings/Report Preference page to confgure your preference.

I would like to point out that the collection date shown in All Equipment and the Custom Inventory Report is known to intermittently report the wrong collection date, but that will not impact this reporting feature.

Bobby

tahscolony
Level 1
Level 1

Well, wish they would hurry up. Even though they have been pulled off the collector, they still get reported as needing replacement, which has already been done. Would make it easier to manage the list without them. :_)

le_
Level 1
Level 1

Do you know when this future enhancement will be available? This is a pretty big shortcoming for this platform.

Hi Luke,

This has been released.  Please see my prior reply for details on how to configure this preference.

Bobby

Lyndon Siu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

The SNTC 3.3 release has introduced the ability for users to indicate if they would like their reports to be based on only the latest uploads from their collector(s) or to be comprised of devices from all prior uploads.  Please see the Applications Settings / Report Preferences page to configure this option.

I should point out that the collection date field that exists within the All  Equipment and the Custom Inventory Report is know to intermittently report the wrong date -- a fix is being investigated, but will not impact the new reporting option.

Bobby