cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNTC unable to read entitlement file

mmilford1
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup the portal and I generate an entitlement so I can link the collector to the portal, when I go to add the entitlement to the collector it tells me "Unable to read the contents of the License File." the server is 2.2 and the discovery engine is 1.1 (1.1.4) under the server properties. This was a previously installed appliance, not a V.M., that I was tasked to link to the portal. any assistance would be greatly appreciated. If you need more information please tell me what and how to get it as I am very new to this software.

5 Replies 5

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi mmilford1,

If the collector was already deployed, then you shouldn't need to apply a new entitlement.

I would recommend, if possible, migrating to a VM. Here are the instructions for downloading and configuring the 2.5 OVA:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12696871/self-service-onboarding-setting-cspc-25-collector

Thanks,

Lynden

If i do not need a new entitlement how can i get it to link to the portal? this appliance was installed for us so no one has ever had access to the portal before. is there away to migrate the license over to my account so it will link up?

If the appliance is already uploading then the entitlement should have already been applied to the collector.

Are you able to log into the collector GUI or the SNTC Portal?

I can log into the collector, and the portal I just setup. the collector is not listed in the portal I setup, and the collector is saying "Connectivity tailend-gateway is not installed or not running."

Could you check that your firewall has allowed outbound access to the necessary ports/IPs?

Port Requirements (required for upload to Cisco)

• 72.163.7.113 (TCP 443) concsoweb-prd.cisco.com 
  • 72.163.4.161 (TCP 443/80) www.cisco.com
  • 72.163.7.60 (TCP 443/80) dl.cisco.com
  • 72.163.7.60 (TCP 443/80) dl1.cisco.com
  • 173.37.146.12 (TCP 443/80) dl2.cisco.com
  • 173.37.144.208 (TCP 443/80) sso.cisco.com

Thanks,

Lynden