cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade via WEB GUI or manual Upgrade CLI not applicable

GlaubeIr0n
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, I recently tried to upgrade cscp from version 2.8.1.8 to version 2.8.1.9 via the WEB GUI, but the upgrade does not take place.
It doesn't show any error and when validating it doesn't generate any request, the screen is frozen and no upgrade is made.

In this version, I tried to upgrade manually with the commands below, but they were not effective.

I deployed cscp in version 2.10.0.1, and when I tried to do the same procedure via WEB GUI for version 2.10.0.6, the upgrade didn't take place but there were no errors either.

could someone tell me if they have already experienced this?

Step 1 Login to collector appliance as collectorlogin.
Step 2 Switch to root using su - command.
Step 3 Login to adminshell using su admin command.
Step 4 To download the patch execute the command.
#download <SP Patch>
Step 5 To check download status execute the command.
#show download
Step 6 Once the download completes you can use the apply command to apply the patch.
#apply <SP Patch>
Step 7 To check the apply status run:
#show apply

1 Reply 1

lolivera
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Team!

Hope this can help you! This is the step-by-step guide to manual upgrade your collector:

The Manual upgrade consists of two packs as follows:

• JeOS Pack upgrade: JeOS Pack upgrades all the OS components and must be confirmed installed before applying the Service Pack upgrade.
  • Service Pack upgrade: Service Pack upgrades all the application components

These are the steps to follow to make the Manual Upgrade:

Step 1.  Login with CCO credentials and download the collector_2.10.0.6_Build-05.zip from the Download Center(Software Download - Cisco Systems) onto your local box.

Step 2. Copy the downloaded collector_2.10.0.6_Build-05.zip file to the collector appliance in thedirectory /opt.

Step 3. Login to collector appliance as collectorlogin.

Step 4. Switch to root using su – command.

Step 5. Run the cd /opt command as root.

Step 6. Unzip the downloaded collector_2.10.0.6_Build-05.zip file and ensure JeOS and SP are extracted using the ls command.

Step 7. Apply JeOS using the below command (installation runs in the background). Provide the confirmation when prompted. ./install.sh JeOS jeos-30.3.0-6-lnx64 

Step 8. Monitor the installation by executing the following command: tail -f /opt/LCM/logs/apply After successfully applying the patch in /opt/LCM/logs/apply, the below logs are shown. 

Note: Allocate 20-30 minutes for the installation to complete. The system will automatically reboot after installation.

Step 1. Login to collector appliance as collectorlogin. 

Step 2. Switch to root using su – command. 

Step 3. Run cd /opt command as root. 

Step 4. Apply SP using the below command (installation runs in background). Provide the confirmation when prompted.

./install.sh SP sp-30.3.0-6-0-lnx64 

Step 5. Monitor the installation by executing the following command: tail -f /opt/LCM/logs/apply 

After successfully applying the patch .in /opt/LCM/logs/apply, the below logs are shown.

Note:  

Allocate 2-4 hours for the installation, depending on your network size. The algorithm runs only once to optimize storage and reduces the time required for future upgrades. The system will automatically reboot after installing the patch. 

Make sure the collector 2.10.0.6 JeOS patch is installed successfully before proceeding further with Service Pack (SP) 2.10.0.6 installation.

This is the complete guide: CSPC Upgrade Guide (cisco.com)

Best regards.

Laura Olivera