Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC 2.9.1 Not Booting

rhamm74515
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I deployed the latest CSPC OVA, version 2.9.1 into my VMware environment, and it fails to boot completely. It gets stuck at "A start job is running for /etc/rc.d/rc.local Compatibility".  It shows "Failed to start dnf makecache" multiple times in the boot process as well.  I have deployed this VM multiple times with the same result, and redownloaded the OVA.  

I do not have DHCP in this environment so I was planning on setting static IPs, but was not prompted during OVA deploy.  Using vCenter 6.5 U3 HTML5 UI.

6 Replies 6

madhushr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

We have accepted this case and we will keep you updated at the earliest.

Thanks and Regards,

Madhusha R

madhushr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Currently there is an issue with CSPC 2.9.1 OVA. Hence we request you to deploy CSPC 2.9.0.2 OVA and then upgrade it to CSPC 2.9.1 version.

Thanks and Regards,

Madhusha R

@madhushr wrote:

Hi,

Currently there is an issue with CSPC 2.9.1 OVA. Hence we request you to deploy CSPC 2.9.0.2 OVA and then upgrade it to CSPC 2.9.1 version.

Thanks and Regards,

Madhusha R

Ok, so, I have 2 questions:

1.  If the 2.9.1 OVA is known to be broken, why is it still available for download and why isn't there a notice posted along with it about this problem?

2.  Where is the 2.9.0.2 OVA that you suggest using instead?  

Hi,

In the release notes of every version, there is a published list of outstanding issues and also addressed issues from the previous versions.
Regarding the CSPC 2.9.0.2 version, we have the software patch available for download. Please refer to this link: https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286312935/type/286312958/release/2.9.0.2 .

Thanks and Regards,

Madhusha R

I understand both those things, however:

1.  The release notes for the 2.9.1 version mention NOTHING of this issue or other issues people are seeing with 2.9.1 regarding connectivity, DNS, etc.  The only known issue in the 2.9.1 release notes is:

CSCvy28033 RI add-on feature is not supported in this release

2.  Your previous response said "Hence we request you to deploy CSPC 2.9.0.2 OVA".  There is no 2.9.0.2 OVA available.  The software patch you reference in your last reply is not an OVA.

Can you provide any information that addresses these items?

Hi,

Please note that the release notes has the information of the issues from previous versions which are addressed. Once any software version is released, after the deployment we will encounter the issues and those would be addressed in the coming version.

Regarding the 2.9.0.2 OVA, I had mentioned OVA instead of patch in my response. If you are newly deploying the CSPC, then you can deploy CSPC 2.9 using 2.9 OVA and then upgrade to the next versions using the patch.

Thanks and Regards,

Madhusha R