Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC stuck in Apply-in-Progress when updating to version 2.7.4

RicTodd89
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am upgrading from version 2.7.3 to 2.7.4 and the GUI has shown "Apply-in-progess" for over 24 hours now.

Can someone please assist?  

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Direct access to the root account is disabled. However you can issue the command "pwdreset collectorlogin 90" to generate a password for that username as well. From there you can SSH into the user "collectorlogin" and move over to root using the command "su -" and providing the root password.

Thank you,

Jarrett

View solution in original post

I had the same problem (CSPC stuck in Apply-in-Progress when updating to version 2.7.4) and solved it with the workaround page 6

Thank you very much

Regards

AL

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Supriya Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi User,

Do you have CLI access to collector. Please login to collector using CLI via user admin. Please reply with output of 'show version -d' and 'show download' and 'show apply'

Thanks,

Supriya

admin# show version -d

Build-name : Collection Platform Software 2.7.3

Package-type : ServicePack

Version : sp-30.0.3-0-0-lnx64

Component : CSPC Base

Version : 2.7.3

Package-type : JeOS

Version : jeos-30.0.4-0-lnx64

Component : AdminShell

Version : 1.7

Component : LCM

Version : 1.7

Component : CASP

Version : 2.7.4

Component : ConcsoTgw

Version : 1.7.2

Component : Hardened CentOS

Version : 6.8 patch#0

show download

Version : sp-30.0.4-0-0-lnx64

Download Location : /opt/LCM/tmp/sp-30.0.4-0-0-lnx64-package.zip

Start Time : Dec/07/50287 03:31:54

End Time : Apr/26/2018 14:37:47

Reason For Failure : -

show apply

Version Number : sp-30.0.4-0-0-lnx64

Start Time : Apr/26/2018 14:38:24

End Time : -

Hello,

Can you please check and see if the re-applying steps found in the 2.7.3.2 release notes helps to resolve your issues? The steps start on page 6 in "known issue".

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/CSPC-ReleaseNotes-2732.pdf

Thank you,

Jarrett

Apologies for being unfamiliar with Linux, but how would I access the root account in order to apply these commands?

I issued the pwdreset root command and logged in with the usual admin account username and tried the root password that was generated, but I am still unable to access the root account.

Hello,

Direct access to the root account is disabled. However you can issue the command "pwdreset collectorlogin 90" to generate a password for that username as well. From there you can SSH into the user "collectorlogin" and move over to root using the command "su -" and providing the root password.

Thank you,

Jarrett

I had the same problem (CSPC stuck in Apply-in-Progress when updating to version 2.7.4) and solved it with the workaround page 6

Thank you very much

Regards

AL