cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to validate credentials for Software Update

steelmanb
Level 1
Level 1

My CSPC is running version 2.7.1.  I am trying to Enable Server Connection to perform an upgrade to the latest version, but I keep getting "Unable to validate credentials" after entering my CCO ID and password.  I have followed the instructions in the release notes for 2.7.3.2 to modify the /etc/hosts file, but this did not resolve my issue.  I know my credentials are correct and working.  It also fails when trying to enable it in the CLI, using the command "conf server enable".

I can ping all the IP addresses shown in the release notes.

10 Replies 10

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I will send you a private message regarding some things we can check on your issue.

Thank you,

Jarrett

A customer has the same issue. He is running CSPC ver 2.10.0.1.

At every try he gets "Validation of credentials failed, Please try again."

What was the solution to this question?

Hi Daniel,

This post has been acknowledged by us.

Please provide us with screenshot of any error, and we will get back to you with an update regarding this.

Thanks & regards,
Devashish Bourai.

Please find attached a screenshot of the error.

Hello Daniel,

I would like to inform you that, the CSPC GUI upgrade has issues at the moment regarding the credentials inputs.

Since the customer is already on CSPC version 2.10.0.1 which is the latest version, for future upgrades we would recommend upgrading through CLI.

Link for the CSPC upgrade guide- 
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/CSPC-Upgrade-Guide.pdf

Thanks & regards,
Devashish Bourai.

Thanks for that information.

A customer will try to upgrade his CSPC sw 2.10.0.1 via "Upgrade Using Admin Shell". But he cannot issue the "check update" command (in order to proceed with "download <SP Patch>"). It's suggested to issue "conf server enable" command, but this fails with "validation of credentials failed". Please see attached screenshot.

Hi Daniel,

I hope you are doing good.

As per the shared snapshot please enter your cco id and password to proceed further with the upgrade.

If you are entering the correct credential for cco and still getting the same error, please try to log in to other CISCO sites with the CCO ID and Password. Please let us know if are facing issues there also.

Regards, 

Neha Rani

Customer had two kind of CCO IDs. He tried with the one, his mail address as CCO ID, and it worked.

neharani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the update!

Please let us know if any further assistance is required from our end. Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: