Views
Helpful
Replies

What is IP of my colletor?

walkman9999
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We've had some personnel changes are no one seems to know what the IP of the VM running the collector is. We have the host name, but it is not in DNS. The collector is currently working/uploading, but I do not know how to get to it. 

Any way to find this out through the Smart Net Total Care portal?

Thanks in advance,

:Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mike,

The destination on Cisco would be - 72.163.7.113:443

Another possibility that I’m thinking of, which might not be great is to check some of the managed devices that the collector polls from regularly and possibly review your config to log or let you know where the requests are coming from (the collector IP address).

Cesar

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

CC Cisco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello Mike,

Given that the collector’s IP address is more than likely a private IP address, it would not be registered on the Cisco side since more than likely there is NATting taking place.

There are some ways you could potentially locate your IP by inspecting your firewall logs.
In addition, the collector would be listening on port 8001 (used for web UI). If you could do a port scan on 8001, it might help you identify your collector’s IP address.

Cesar

Thank you for quick reply. Unfortunately, we have a rather large network and scanning is not an option. FW rules are not always specific to host, so cannot check policy but I can check FW logs for outbound communication. Can you tel me what the destination IP might be (the SNTC target)? 

Any other possible ideas?

I'm worried we may have lost this VM forever?!

Thanks again

Hi Mike,

The destination on Cisco would be - 72.163.7.113:443

Another possibility that I’m thinking of, which might not be great is to check some of the managed devices that the collector polls from regularly and possibly review your config to log or let you know where the requests are coming from (the collector IP address).

Cesar

walkman9999
Level 1
Level 1
Thank you.
Plantronics, Inc
Michael Walker
Senior Network Engineer

[image001]<>

370 Encinal Street | Santa Cruz | CA | 95060
Office: 831.458.7366 Mobile: 415.308.4698

I found the lost collector with Caesar's suggestion of checking logs.

Thanks all.