Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues and events in DNAC

Hello all,

we have recently deployed DNAC (2.3.3.7-72328-HF4). In the Assurance/Dashboards/Issues and Events page I see a lot of "High input/output error on switch interface" messages, which are referring to the AppGigabitEthernet interface of our 9300 switches.

This interface is up/up but we are not using it. Is there a way to "silence out" the messages for the specific interface? We do want to get informed about errors on interfaces, but not for App interface.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Katerina

5 Replies 5

pieterh
VIP
VIP

you can shutdown the app interface ?

I can shutdown the app interface, but I was thinking if there there was some kind of filter on DNAC side in order to silence stuff out.

I don't think you can filter this in DNA

in my understanding, when the interface is up, DNA will "scan" what is present behind this interface
it will get no response and this will be reported as input/output error (though it is not actually an input/output error)
it may be an alternative that you DO configure the app interface so DNA can check what is present on the filesystem for app-hosting
and can report "no apps present" or something like that.

Hi Peter,

I really like your suggestion! I will give it a shot and see what happens. If the errors still appear, I will shutdown the interface until it is actually needed.

I will test and update the discussion.

Thanks!

Hi all,

it seems that we are running into a bug (https://bst.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCwh14138). Enabling app hosting did not resolve the issue (alerts are still coming due to the bug). So we will either shutdown the interface until it is actually needed, or live with the problem, until it is fixed in a newer version.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card