Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

Hello all,in our company we have SAN with several MDS 9509 and 9513 switches. We use a FMS 4.1 for management.The cabling is done by a subcontractor. In future they should also do the port assignment. Enable/disable ports, change the port description...

Ricki2411 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a customer who needs to erase the configuration on their Supervisor-1 cards prior to shipping them out.  We have a couple of 9513swhich are not in production, yet.  Can we plug the Supervisor-1 cards into the 8513sjust long enough to erase the...

Hi,We're running a set of 5010 switches and in preparation for some soak testing embarked on setting up our usual snmp based monitoring. After letting the graphs settle we started to see wild results in terms of the amount of traffic claiming to trav...

ed2019712 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Within this field notice it states that: "The m9500-sup2dimm-gplug-mz.3.4.1.bin utility will run on SAN-OS Release 3.x running on Supervisor 2 modules." However when I issue the load bootflash:m9500-sup2dimm-gplug-mz.3.4.1.bin I get the following err...

hershal06 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi forum,I am currently preparing a test setup where it would very helpful to use LUN zoning.I found the following  statement in the Nexus 5000 SAN Switching Configuration Guide 4.2(1)N1(1):Cisco NX-OS software supports the following types of zoning:...

Hi,I'm trying to send a device identification VPD page (0x83) SCSI INQUIRY to a CISCO Virtual scsi-fcp::target device from an initiator machine and receive the following:# sg_inq -i /dev/sg4VPD INQUIRY: Device Identification page    inquiry: field in...

axxanaltd by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes