Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

Hello, We have 2 switches that have an ISL between them. We no longer need the ISL. To remove - can we simply disable the ISL ports and unplug the cables that connect the 2 switches? Are there other steps required to remove all traces of this old ISL...

rondebbs1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Port speed issue

Hi All,Am I getting the following error on more than one port while changing the port speed from 2G to 4G on 9509.Event:E_DEBUG, length:121, at 43883 usecs after Thu Jan 8 15:02:27 2009 [102] Ifindex (fc8/8)0x1387000, Err disabled (0x40290065) event ...

kiran.sn by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allWe are planning to upgrade a mds 9509 from 3.1(2) to 3.2(2c) And I have few Qs.1.Do I need to upload the kickstart and system images onto both the supervisor modules?2.We have a module with different bios 1.0.1 and others with 1.0.5. Does this ...

red123456 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Greetings,I was wondering if IVR and interop modes are ok. I have been asked to allow devices in Brocade Fabrics and Cisco fabrics to see each other (primarily backups) and it will involve IVR if thats achievable. Basically a setup of tape units (p...

Hi all,We are going to add a new switch (9509) to an existing fabric(with 1 switch 9513).Here we have two possibilities: Whether to go for core-edge or mesh?Can someone enlighten me on the pros and cons and suggest me a link which best describes them...

red123456 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allPerhaps the community could settle an argument that is stopping everyone here from doing any real work.Like a lot of shops we're tossing around FCOE and trying to weigh up the pros and cons. This has moved up the agenda as we're now about to fi...