Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

MDS switch rebooted with the following FATAL error.show system reset-reason Reason: Reset Requested due to Fatal Module Error Service: OHMS daemon Version: 3.1(2)show module internal exceptionlogexception information --- exception instance 1...

kiran.sn by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,We have 2 x MDS 9124 switches at the core of our SAN and as part of our DR testing I have to replace one of the switches with a new unit i.e. restore the swtich config from a backup to a new unit.We use Kiwi CatTools to backup the config (basic...

parians by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm fairly new to SAN switch configuration so hopefully I don't come off as an idiot. Our current environment consists of two 9513s that are totally independent of each other. Each has multiple connections to a CX3-80. We are adding a CX4 in a dif...

dseagren1 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Which MDS to pick?

20 Servers with 2x2Gb FC HBAs in each server. One SAN with 4x4Gb FC ports.Which MDS would meet this need? I am looking for 2 switches to provide redundancy? Is this possible? Thank you. From what I can see, a Director may be required? with 2x48 port ...

mattesong by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

we just migrate from Brocade to Cisco MDS 9000. We want to manage these switches as we do with our Cisco Ether net switch "Cat t6500, 4500, ..." by using CiscoSecure, CiscoWorks, IP SLA.If any of these tool are supported with MDS if yes, please refer...

tmesbah by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a question in regards to fibre channel over ip. this switch will allow for san traffic to flow over the wan link to a remote site, however my question would be, can this switch plug into an existing fibre channel switch (EMC Connectix) and rou...

mattesong by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have two 9509 in ISL. I installed the San Ext. over IP license (purchased by customer):FM_SERVER_PKG No - In use Grace 27D 1HMAINFRAME_PKG No - Unused -ENTERPRISE_PKG ...

I have inherited our storage infrastructure and I'm trying to clean it up.I have a Cisco 9140 connected to SAN 1. I have another 9140 connected to SAN 2. The two switches are connected via an extended ISL.All of our hosts connect to Switch 1. If t...