Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

when using SAN OS 2.0.3 in 9509, I was able to Synchronize the time with external ntp server or other switch by setting the ntp server or peer.Recently I got two new MDS9513, which are running SAN OS 3.0(3), I can not make them Synchronize with each ...

lilianfyj by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am kinda new to Cisco Switches. If a single VSAN is spread across multiple switches ISLed together, does the VSAN will have different domain ID's on each switch ?Ex: Switch-1 and Switch-2 are connected together and I need to setup VSAN 10. Does the...

shyneeday by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am seeing the following entries in the logs for my MDS 9509 : 2007 Feb 7 01:48:03 PORT 5 IF_UP Interface mgmt0 on slot 5 is up There are no other entries in the log that the mgmt0 interface went down so why would alerts say that it is "up" ?

We have a MDS 9513 switch and are testing the supervisor fail over.We tried to disconnect cable to the mgmt port of the active suppervisor. Waited 5 mins and no failover, no Mgmt accessCan any one tell me in what Scenarios the Suppervisor would fail ...

lilianfyj by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to develop a design of SAN with many devices (total number of FC ports >= 55, and at least 10 additional ports are planned in a future). I can use a pair of Brocade SW4100 with 32 ports each, but I'm CCNA, so I strongly prefer Cisco devices. M...

lotosh by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Greetings,Does anyone know if the 9216A or 9216i will be upgraded in the near future so that they will be offering 4 Gpbs ports in the fixed card?I know you can purchase additional cards that support 4 Gbps.CheersStephen

Hi,We have Weblogic 8.1, Service Pack 5 and Cisco CSM running 4.2(1) code.I have seen references that HTTP probe should be successful in testing HTTPS service (we do not have neither CSM-S or SSL module), however please see the message displayed on W...

dknov by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Howdy,Has anyone tried trunking multiple VSAN's to a new qlogic HBA?I will be testing it in the dev lab later in the week but I thought I would ask... :)CheersAndrew

inch by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes