Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

After more than one year of running without problems, customer suddenly sees this command failing ? any known defect ? (SAN of MDS and N5k) SWS-01# copy running-config startup-config fabric This will save the running configuration on all switches in ...

Walter Dey by VIP Alumni
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HELLO guys, I have one question regarding configure dell storage with Cisco MDS 9500 , that I plan to configure NPIV from dell storage and configure F port from MDS , but unfortunately the NPIV port that was created from storage not come up with MDS...

bezra_012 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I would like to restart the supervisors on my Nexus 7Ks and as I have not done this before, just trying to see if anyone has done this before and if I will be following the correct process. So I have 2 x Nexus 7Ks each with dual SUP2 supervisors. ...

Hello, i have a query, although I may know the answer but still need to be sure.Is the topology as shown below and in diagram supported for initiator 1 to communicate to the target?Logically { [initiator1]---[cN7K-storage NPIV]---[cN5K NPV]---[MDS NP...

dartomer by Cisco Employee
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! DCNM question

Hello! I had to replace one switch in my infrastructure to new one. After that in DCNM i can see the old switch and new but all VSANs are segmented because the old switch is in network map without any connection. Is it possible to remove the old swi...

Hi, I'm facing an issue which doesn't happen all the time and I'm unable to determine the exact condition. I'm trying to activate the following zoneset: zone name vsan_200 vsan 200    member pwwn 20:00:00:25:b5:c0:ff:ee    member pwwn 20:00:00:25:b...

Zvi Gazit by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear all relavant team or expert One of our customer had IDC center and they are installed N7K 50 device and running about 2 years over now.However, recently that N7K device Supervisor ( sup2) has beeen failed message occurred as a below with differe...

I'm looking to setup a pair of MDS 9148S switches in a high available configuration.  I came across a post on the forums, where someone stated you won't trunk the switches, that you would simply create two separate fabrics.  Servers and SAN(in our ca...

Evan Ray by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, My N5K is configured with a Zoneset with multiple zone. Currently we have issue in one server and we are changing the Network adapter, so I am updating the wwnn and fcid number  and activating the zoneset again. My question in while activating ...

Hello, I have 3 9148 mds, when I connect this to my MDS-9148-01 to the port fc1/10 I have no issue , if I connect this to my MDS-9148-02 to the port fc1/10 I get the following error. I checked and the ports have the same config. 2000 Oct 17 14:42:23...

Dear All, I want to make the following setup Brocade FC switch <--- FC ---> Nexus 5k  in NPV mode <--- FCoE---> IBM CN4093  Converged switch in NPV Mode <--FCoE--> ESXi in NPV mode <--FCoE --> VM with RDM. Can you please advise if 3 nested NPV switch...

anazarenko by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello, I have problem with my server Cisco UCS C220 M3S with SD card I want install windows Server 2012 R2. so if I use the os install DVD no see my SD card. If use SCU iso en use menu "OS install" have message :  "Warning : OS installation can not ...