Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5500 FCoE and system QoS: priority-flow-control not compatible

Hi all,

I know that in some NX-OS versions we need to manually set some default system-qos policies in order to make FCoE to work on Nexus 5500UP:

switch(config-sys-qos)# service-policy type qos input fcoe-default-in-policy

switch(config-sys-qos)# service-policy type queuing input fcoe-default-in-policy

switch(config-sys-qos)# service-policy type queuing output fcoe-default-out-policy

switch(config-sys-qos)# service-policy type network-qosfcoe-default-nq-policy

Is it really needed the configuration above or is it automatically set?

After writing these settings, I started getting this error message on the upstream switch (two Nexus 7000) connected to my 5500 through a vPC:

2012 Mar  6 17:59:48 N7K %$ VDC-1 %$ %IPQOSMGR-2-QOSMGR_DCBXP_PFC_CMP_FAIL_MSG:  Ethernet3/9 - qos config 'Priority-flow-control' not compatible with the peer

ethernet 3/9 is a vPC member.

I don't know if:

- the system qos above is not needed

or

- I have to set something on upstream Nexus 7000

Thank you all who want to help me.
Max

2 Replies 2

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Max

In 5.1(3)N1(1) and later, once you enable "feature fcoe" the QoS gets automatically applied and in earlier releases you will need to do it manually.

Will you be implementing FCoE on Nexus 5500? If so, then yes you will need the QoS configuration.

Hi, thank your for your answer.

I actually already enabled the system qos manually since we run 5.0(2)N2 release.

We will implement FCoE over 5500. What I'm worried about is the warning message I posted above on Nexus 7009s connected to my 5500s after I enabled the system qos.

Could it be originated by the DCBX feature? May I have some problem if 'Priority-flow-control' setting between N5k and N7k don't match?