cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I bump the through-speed on a SF300-48PP?

mountcrumpit
Level 1
Level 1

Small/med business uses Spectrum Biz 1GBS service. Which is actually ~700mbs delivered.

Step on it some more and it drops to ~450 for some users,  other users: < 100  huh?

Realized the 450 folks are patched into a Draytek Vigor switch, the slowpokes into the SF300.

I figured it just needs to be replaced with something more "modern". (And here my ignorance kicks in).  Yet both the Draytek and the SF300 talk about Layer 2.  My ignorance thinks Layer 2 is "faster".  But if the SF300 has it too, why isn't that the same speed? 

Which leads me to the OP question.  Can I do anything to the SF300 to get the MBS up to clients?.  In my limited experience with switches they always seemed to be plug-and play with no configuration required. 

The cage of wires was left for me to sort out, and as I said, my ignorance...

I wouldn't be surprised if there is some (different )way of connecting the switches to the:   Draytek router -> spectrum router -> www  that would allow better throughput for all switches.

thanks for any suggestions (including careers)

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Let me just give my inputs not sure if this solves your issue or not

SF300-48PP - 48 port with 4 GIG Uplink switch.

you connected 1 of the Gig Link to the Drateck router

SF300-48PP - acting as Layer 2 with vanilla configuration.

User getting 450MB but you have Internet speed of 700MB

what is the real throughput you get if you connect directly to ISP Modem and test it ?

what is the outcome if you connect directly to Draytek and test the same (you get 700MB ?)

what model of Draytek, is supports 1GB throughput with NAT?

how are you testing - Just downloads? (to get 450MB?), what is the end device windows 10PC?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi BB, thanks for helping.

ISP router ->   Draytek Vigor 2925 router ->   SF300-38PP  or   Draytek Vigor Switch P2261   ->    Win10 Desktops

the 700 is speed direct cx to the isp router.

I didn't test directly out of the Draytek 2925 _router_.

Win10 PCs downloads, some using the ookla app (I read browsers can be naturally slow), some using the ookla web-site:  anything connected to the SF300 gets less than 100, move that machine's plug to the Draytek Vigor P2261 switch and the speed jumps to 450.

The speed tests were done while the intranet was available to all users.

clearer?