Can't add the CBS250 switch to my network "Unauthorized, login again"

Rowan
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone!

My set up is:

1x Cisco CBS250 Switch
3x Cisco CBW150 Access Points

I can set up the entire network using the Cisco Business iPhone app. The Access Points work beautifully, and the wifi connection is super. However, the app won't actually add the device: CBS250 Switch. It recognizes it, but it's giving me the error "Unauthorized, please login again" after checking "Applying Credential Changes". I'm not sure what the "Applying Credential Changes" does? I have only one network, and only one account created. See images of the error.

Anyone has any ideas I could try to get it going?

6 Replies 6

Hi @Rowan 

Apply Credential changes would be setup username and password on the switch. You should try to not check this option and leave the default credential which is "cisco" "cisco".  Then you can change the credential later using a web browser connection.

Thanks a lot for the fast reply back! However I'm just not sure how to "uncheck" this option and to give it the default credentials when I add the device. It doesn't give me the option. There's one settings screen called "Site Credentials" (Under Network > Site Settings) where I can insert username and password, but it says "cisco" is an invalid username and the password must be at least 8 characters with a lot of requirements. So I'm a bit confused...

What you can do is access the switch previously witih web browser and change the credential to something else. And then, add that credential on the APP. 

To change the credential go to "Administration" > "User Accounts" 

I tried this. But it says invalid credentials when trying to log in... Super confused... 

Then it may explain why the APP is not login. This switch may had the credentials changed and the APP can be trying to use cisco cisco.

Try to recovery the password back

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/Cisco-Business-Switching/KMGMT-2235-configure-password-settings-on-a-switch-through-the-command.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBq5AIE8plI

In this edition of Tech Talks, we'll show how to recover lost or forgotten passwords on the CBS350.

Thanks a lot once again. This might be true... I had the switch added to the network last week, but then had to redo some stuff, so maybe some things got messed up in the credentials. Going to try following some of those steps in your links. Thanks!