Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we use 4 SFP ports as UPlink ports on SG500 switch

Hi

Can we use 4 SFP ports as UPlink ports on SG500 switch  or 2 ports as SFP and 2 ports as stacking for SG500 .

please suggest.

Thanks and Regards

Lakshman Kumar S

3 Replies 3

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

yes, both scenario are valid.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hello

What if I stack on 4GB port and and use an 1GB ports as uplink

what I mean is I have SG300-10SFP switch in one room and on the other room I have 4 SG500-52 switches stacked on 4GB ports What I need to do is use 1GB fiber from room A to 1GB Fiber to room B total of 8 fibers from from SG300 to SG500 1-2-3-4 and 2 fibers from my R710 server as uplink to SG300

I hope this make sense to someone I know I can use a cat7 and probably will get the same result if anyone can give me a better suggestions will help a lot, because I am a self study never been to any Cisco exam

Thank you

you can use the stack ports and the other 2 10 gig ports. S1/S2 are default stack ports. The S3/S4 would be considered network ports at that time but may be toggled over to use S3/S4 instead of S1/S2.

The switch capacity is 128 gbps on th 24 port model, 176 gbps on the 48 port models. So if you say a 48 port switch.  48x1 = 48. 10x4 = 40. 40+48 = 88.  88x2 = 176.

You should get the desired result (if you could actually utilize the 10 gig link to it's capacity, a lot of internet backhauls aren't even utilized to full 10 gig).

For SFP capatibility, you can reference the admin guide. It has all supported modules. Once you choose your supported module you should talk to your NIC vendor which one should work with your cluster.