Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP configuration on SG-300

eric.hosseini
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

I've enabled DHCP Server on my SG-300 and it leases IP addresses fine. The issue is the default router setting which I haven't configured/enabled that in my setting, but DHCP client gets default router IP address as well. Since the client has another network interface which is connected to another network and the actual default router should be the other one, having secondary default router makes the client not working properly.

So my question is, is there any other way to configure the SG-300 to NOT lease default router's IP address than what I've done?

Q.jpg

Cheers

2 Replies 2

bdp-cisco
Level 1
Level 1
Perhaps updating firmware would help? My sg300-28 has the option to disable.

I guess when you try the GUI or CLI interface, you would have noticed there is no mention of DHCP server.

They both mention, as does the datahseet, DHCP relay;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps10898/data_sheet_c78-610061.html

Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Relay at Layer 2

Relay of DHCP traffic to DHCP server in different VLAN. Works with DHCP Option 82

The new SG300-28 switch or  ordering p/n SRW2024-K9,   does not incorporate a DHCP server, but relies on DHCP relay to get IP addresses allocated to PC's on seperate VLANs.

If you needed a DHCP server within a Layer 3 switch you would have to look at the traditional Catalyst 3XXX series switch for that functionality.