Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CBS350-24T-4G VLAN IP address configuration causing comm loss

I am struggling to give IP address to the VLAN created (CBS350-24T-4G) . When I gave IP to the vlan the communication stops and required a reboot ti restore the same with the default IP i.e. 192.168.1.254.

PS: Is it required to uncheck the IPv4 Routing before assigning the vlan IP address?

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Couple of things need to clarify :

you changing the IP address from 192.168.1.254 to 192.168.2.200 ? or creating new vlan 903 and assign IP address.

Also worth posting the show run information after reload and restore your ping.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi

Attached screenshot was for an example. 

My actual requirement is as below. 

VLAN1303 (downlink devices) for ports 2~10

IP address:172.21.93.33 255.255.255.240

VLAN1403 (Uplink) for ports 15~20

IP address:10.24.12.17 255.255.255.248

These two VLANs should communicate through the CBS350-24T-4G switch, when I connect devices at both of the VLAN segments with gateway as VLAN IP address. 

Now the issue is, I am able to create the VLANs but when I am assigning the IP addresses the the comm loss occurring and required a reboot to restore. This is quite weird behavior as I presume CISCO IOS more or are the same for the switches. 

I tried the configuration from both the CLI and GUI but ended up getting the same result. 

Is this a multilayer switch? Likes of 3500 series. 

Why CBS350 switches have limited (not fully) command acceptance. for eg.

sw#(config)show IP interface brief

Is not accepted. 

these small business unlike you will not get full enterprise level config outcome

# show ip interface

CLI reference guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/CBS_250_350/CLI/cbs-350-cli-/ip-addressing-commands.html?bookSearch=true#wp3591637400

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I have the same problem, when I try to configure an IP to a VLAN interface, the Switch freeze and I have to restart it.

Any solution have you correct the error?

hi Everyone,

when changing IP it is better to be connected via serial connection to debug any of the issues such as trunk tagging miss-configuration. But if you still think the switch misbehave please open case with our TAC team:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Alex

After not finding any solution and rebooting my switch about 10 times, I had a colleague who discovered that some of these switches have a fun glitch where you can only reset the IP by using the Wizard. I have configured and changed many the normal way, but when they start becoming unresponsive, rebooting and using the Wizard worked for us.