Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SF302-08P (SRW208P-K9-NA) Support for Cisco IP 7942 Phones

RevereORL_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am looking at quoting the SF302-08P for a client which will have three small offices interconnected via single mode fiber. I am planning on connecting them to a 3560 switch. Each office will have no more than 3 - 7942 phones. I reviewed the notes on this switch and it seems it should support this phone type without any issues. Could you advise if you have run into any support/reliability issues with this switch and the 7942s?

Thank You,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi RevereORL,

My concern is there are;

• slight nuances or differences between the CLI configuration on the SG300 compared to the Catalyst range.
  • I am also very very slightly concerned about post sales support interaction between TAC and SBSC, but these days there is much more cross talking between these two support groups.
  • Different SFP SKU's for fiber connectivity GLC- series for catalyst and MGB series on 300, even though I have no issue with plugging the GLC SKU's into my 300 series product.

The SF302-8P has a POE budget defined as 62W across all 8 ports or 62watts / 8 ports= 7.75 approx watts that can be drawn from each port.

With the software upgrade to 1.1.1.8 the 300 series now also supports pre-standard POE as well as the 802.3af, power should not be a issue..

I guess the beauty of buying from a distributor, and keeping the packaging, is that your can validate your application.

Give it a try,.

regards Dave

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi RevereORL,

My concern is there are;

• slight nuances or differences between the CLI configuration on the SG300 compared to the Catalyst range.
  • I am also very very slightly concerned about post sales support interaction between TAC and SBSC, but these days there is much more cross talking between these two support groups.
  • Different SFP SKU's for fiber connectivity GLC- series for catalyst and MGB series on 300, even though I have no issue with plugging the GLC SKU's into my 300 series product.

The SF302-8P has a POE budget defined as 62W across all 8 ports or 62watts / 8 ports= 7.75 approx watts that can be drawn from each port.

With the software upgrade to 1.1.1.8 the 300 series now also supports pre-standard POE as well as the 802.3af, power should not be a issue..

I guess the beauty of buying from a distributor, and keeping the packaging, is that your can validate your application.

Give it a try,.

regards Dave

Thanks David for your feedback. I was also thinking about quoting the 3560s for this client. I am going to present the client with both options and let him decide which one better meets his needs.

Thank you,

Gerson

Hi Gerson,

I like your direction, give people the freedon to make up their own mind.  Hopefully they know the pro- and cons of both solutions.

Love it.

regards Dave