Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SGE2000 switch without CLI??

grubbasy69
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have recently purchased a a Cisco SGE2000 switch and when connected to it via console cable, I was introduced to "Switch main menu" which was kind of a GUI interface. I found a way of accessing what is called a lightweight CLI (lcli).

After having a few searches on google it turns out that this switch doesn't have a proper CLI. Is this possible at all? I thought that all managed switches have CLI?

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello, the SGE series does have a CLI. However, it is unsupported.

Keep in mind, this CLI is terrible. It is nothing like you have ever seen before

These switches do not run an IOS. And all managed switches do not have a CLI, it is a feature set but not a requirement. The older SRW switches do not have any CLI access, same as the SG200 series (nor even a console port).

The CLI on this unit is very unfamiliar and takes a lot of time to get used to. Although the terminology on the CLI is familiar, the syntax is often bizarre.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "small business - switches". You can move you post using the actions panel on the right.