Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP not releasing on vlans Cisco SG300

SUjith_k10
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have created 3 vlans and I have assigned it to the interface in Cisco SG300. The internet is working if manual ip is assigned and not via DHCP. I have configured the ip pool but DHCP is not getting released. If there is a proper set of commands to be executed please help me.

2 Replies 2

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi SUjith_k10,

It sounds like you are not able to receive an IP from the DHCP pool, however, you are mentioning "dhcp release" which is different (when the client decides to release the IP address which was already assigned). 

There is a lot of missing information to answer accurately. Which device is the DHCP server in yournetwork?

How is the SG300 connected to it?

Most likely there is a trunk somewhere in the network which is misconfigured and does not contain all the VLANs which is why your clients are unable to reach the DHCP server and request IPs. 

I'd suggest to call our support centre so an engineer can assist you.

Thanks,
Kris

Hello Kris,

* The firewall IP is 10.x.x.x

* I have created vlan, 200, 300, 400 in Cisco SG 300 and assigned to the interfaces.

* I have created a trunk with access to all the vlans to the trunk port connected to        the firewall

* For every vlans I have created DHCP pool.

* I have routed al the networks to 10.x.x.x.

* The internet is working if static IP is assigned to the PC. No DHCP is releasing from the vlans.