cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to disable the "more" prompt when running CLI's "show logging" command

juleedev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there. I'd like to know if there's a command I can run to turn off paging on my SF302 switch.

So for example, when I run the "show logging" command on the CLI, I'd like to it return all the results instead of prompting me to hit space bar or enter.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

J.L

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

command is

terminal datadump

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

terminal length 0

Hi there leolaohoo

Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately, it appears as though we don't have a "terminal length" command.  I did find a "terminal width" command and set that to 0 as a test.  But there's no difference.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

command is

terminal datadump

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

the command is :

R1# terminal length 512

If you set it to "0" it becomes infinite which I believe is what you are looking for:

term len 0

term length 0

WRONG.  Your all wrong.

On a 5525X running asa991-2-smp-k8.bin, it says invalid command.

I'm trying to use expect script to log in hourly (Cron job) and get the output of Show vpn-session anyconnect into an html page I'm trying to build to monitor who's connected to the vpn.  I graph the number of connections in SNMP but we want details like who.

I just logged into a cisco device (albeit it is a catalyst 2900L switch) and ran enable

then ran term len 0

then sho conf and it did not paginate (or what ever you want to call  that)

On some versions like sf353 or SG350, it's :

terminal width 0 or if you don't want the confirmation yes/no then: terminal no prompt

bagels1b
Level 1
Level 1

I got to this post trying to find the same answer for a cBR8.  So for others that might be on that equipment...

for console output

# conf t

(config)# line console 0

(config)# length 0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X