Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Layer 3 intervlan routing

Hi All

I am trying to work out how to route between 7 vlans i have setup on my sg-300 in layer 3. when i look at the ip4 static routes i see that the managment vlan is listed as local but there are no other local interfaces. this is confusing me some what as all my vlans have an assigned IP address.

could someone shed some light on how to get the 300 series to route between vlans as it just keeps timing out when pinging the interfaces

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

nimusell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Patrick !

Thank you for participating in the Small Business support community. My name is Nico Muselle from Cisco Sofia SBSC.

You say that you have created the 7 vlans, but you only see your default VLAN in the static routes as being local if I understand correctly ?

When you verified this, were there any clients connected to any other than the default VLAN ? As a matter of fact, these static routes are dynamically added as soon as at least one client is connected to the VLAN. So if you connect a client to let's say VLAN 2, and you refresh the static routes, a route to VLAN 2 should be added as being local.

Please try it and let me know if it works.

Best regards,

Nico Muselle

Sr. Network Engineer - CCNA

View solution in original post

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your feedback

Would you be so kind to mark this question as answered ?

I will pick up the GVRP issue and do some tests here in the lab.

Best regards,

Nico Muselle

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nimusell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Patrick !

Thank you for participating in the Small Business support community. My name is Nico Muselle from Cisco Sofia SBSC.

You say that you have created the 7 vlans, but you only see your default VLAN in the static routes as being local if I understand correctly ?

When you verified this, were there any clients connected to any other than the default VLAN ? As a matter of fact, these static routes are dynamically added as soon as at least one client is connected to the VLAN. So if you connect a client to let's say VLAN 2, and you refresh the static routes, a route to VLAN 2 should be added as being local.

Please try it and let me know if it works.

Best regards,

Nico Muselle

Muselle

I have got past that issue as i was not plugging plugging the nodes into the correct ports. i am used to enterpries products that have ports up and under (1 top & 2 bottom) which the small bunsiness series does not follow this rule. i do however have another problem now which i have opened a new post where i can pass vlans from switch to switch but i cant assign any ports to the VLAN's learnt by GVRP

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your feedback

Would you be so kind to mark this question as answered ?

I will pick up the GVRP issue and do some tests here in the lab.

Best regards,

Nico Muselle