Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys SRW248G4 and multiple membership in VLANs

yethwa123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I can't figure out how to configure a port membership with multiple VLANs. My setup:

- VLAN10

- VLAN20

- port settings tab: port24 in general mode

- ports to VLANs tab: untagged everywhere, when I set port 24 membership  to VLAN10 I can't set port 24 membership in VLAN20 because when I do  that port 24 membership in VLAN10 dissapears and vice versa

- but I can set port 24 membership to both VLANs in VLANs to port tab, but I think it doesn't work because:

- when I connect hosts to ports 23 (port 23 is a member of VLAN10 only)  and 24  (member of VLAN10 and VLAN20)

there are not any connectivity between them

- but connectivity is working when I set the same PVID for both ports 23  and 24 in port setting tab, I can't set multiple PVID in here.

So, is it possible to configure port membership for multiple VLANs on this linksys?

http://ui.linksys.com/files/SRW2048/1.2.1/home.htm

1 Reply 1

Davidwagman1
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Try changing the port mode to general under vlan management -> port setting. That way the default vlan is untagged and the rest are tagged.

I find VLAN to Ports (VLAN Management -> VLAN to Ports then click "Join Vlan" to assign Vlans) to be the easiest way to manage the assignment of vlans to ports.

Best,

David