Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PoE+ with GS105PE (Bug CSCuv26385) on SG series

Can anyone confirm if this bug is also related to SG series? Because I have a stack of two SG500 and some GS105PE. All GS105PE does sometimes recognize PoE+ and sometimes not. At almost every reconnect I get a different result.

I can't think of the cabling could be the problem, because I tried multiple 5e cables and they are max. 20 meters long. 

Any other tips are welcome :)

5 Replies 5

jonathaneaton
Level 1
Level 1

I battled this in my home network with 2960cx or 3560cx northbound, and Cisco AP southbound. Today I was tinkering around and a lightbulb went off. I disabled CDP on the 3560cx down to the GS105PE and then turned on LLDP. Now the netgear is pulling the full 30 watts and powering up my 1141 AP connected to it.

Since I updated the firmware of the GS105PE to the latest 1.4.0.6 it seems to be stable. There are some notes regarding the PoE status in the release notes.

The Netgear support told me also there is a new 1.4.0.7 on the way which could also solve some issues with PoE.

asvodyanoy
Level 1
Level 1

I have an SG300-28PP and a Netgear GS105PE. I cannot get PoE+ (802.3at) working from any port on the SG300. I tried with CDP on and off, and LLDP on and off. Both switches on latest firmware as of the date of this post (Aug 20, 2016).

Same here, latest firmware on both units as of Feb 16, 2017.  The Netgear works and pulls 30w the first time I plug it into the SG300-28PP but once the 28PP reboots or the unit is unplugged and plugged back into the 28PP, it only pulls 3w.  CDP on/off nor LLDP on/off matters.

sunnystyle
Level 1
Level 1
Please try to enable LLDP on Cisco Switch side. Because of GS105PE using LLDP to exchange port power inline capacity. I have 3560CX , after enabled LLDP on Cisco switch side, the GS105PE can be running under POE+. Good Luck to you.