Views
Helpful
Replies

question about the SD2008 gig switch

phelps3161
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cindy,

I have a question about the SD2008 gig switch i have. it isn't functionig properly. When i connect my computer to the switch no led lights up but when i connect it to my sd208 it works. my computers have gig ports that is the reason why i upgraded from the sd208 to the sd2008. What can you do for me?

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Brian, as you know the switch is unmanaged, only a hardware component. To ensure we have clarity-

• You connect your computer to a SD208 and it works fine
  • Using the same computer and same ethernet wire to the SD2008, there is no link light
  • Using the same computer and same ethernet wire to the SD2008, does your computer detect network connectivity and received an IP from your DHCP service
  • If configuring your computer with a static IP, are you able to reach any network resources?
  • Are you using the same wire from your upstream connection that you are previously using on the SD208?
  • Can you check all switch ports to see if any port lights come on?

If all of this fails, it sounds the switch has a port failure of some kind. If that is the case, you should contact the support center for a RMA replacement or exchange the unit to the point of sale if you're within the return policy.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Tom,

That is correct i connect to the sd208 and it works fine.

And yes i am useing the same computer and same ethernet cable and no link light lights up.

The computer does not detect network connectivity nor receive and ip or dhcp.

Asfar as statics go i can not access any network resourses.

Yes i am using the same wire on the upstream.

And yes i checked all the ports.