cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up QoS on SG300 Series for IP Phones

stownsend
Level 2
Level 2

I need to Prioritize IP Phone Traffic over a WAN Link. I have a remote Office that is Connected between two SG300 Series Layer 3 Switches. 

Avaya IP Office <--> SG300 <--> 100Mb Ethernet Private Line <--> SG300 (g5) <--> PoE Switch <--> IP Phone

The IPO Phones are in a 10.2.x.y/16 Subnet but are all 10.2.5.x IPs. Connected to SG300 port 5
They All Communicate to the IP Office Server 10.1.0.10

Looking at the QoS Options I'm not sure how to Give those Packets Priority over the others. 

I'd like all IP Phone Traffic to Take Priority and use 100% of what is really needed and all other traffic use what's left over. If there is no Phone Traffic, other traffic can use 100% of the connection. 

The IP Phones Tag Packets with DSCP 46 and DSCP 26.

What would be the best way to give them Priority?

Thank you!

2 Replies 2

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This would work for a 100mb line below , dont give 100% traffic to 1 protocol as vivek said not recommended , below 80mb to voice 15 mb to af41 traffic like video and then 5mb for default everything else , you can tweak it how you like , make sure you mark your phones at the source port as well with mls qos trust dscp or cos depending what way your setting it up

policy-map CIRCUIT100Mb
 class PREMIUM_CLASS
    priority 80000
 class ENHANCED_1_CLASS
    bandwidth 15000
 class class-default
    fair-queue

class-map match-any ENHANCED_1_CLASS
 match access-group name ENHANCED_1_ACL
class-map match-any PREMIUM_CLASS
 match access-group name PREMIUM_ACL

ip access-list extended PREMIUM_ACL
 permit ip any any dscp ef
 permit ip any any precedence critical
ip access-list extended ENHANCED_1_ACL
 permit ip any any precedence flash-override

A post in this discussion has been removed due to possible misconduct. Please refer to the CSC terms of use for more details.